Friday, April 11, 2008

maps are killing me

Is it strange that I can tell you from memory where every country, river and mountain range is located in Africa, Europe, South America, Canada and Central America, but I could not for the life of me tell you where all the 50 states are located and their capitols?
In one of my EDU classes we have to pass all these map tests with a 90% or better to pass the class and I cannot pass the 50 states one.  I mean I have taken it twice now and have gotten no where close to a 90.  My professor thinks it cute to ask me every time after I finish taking a map test, "Where will you travel now, Meghan?".  United States please. again. I mean how is it that I never learned the locations of the 50 states and their capitols in Elementary school somewhere along the way?  I bet if I asked me professor the capitol of Montana or Kansas, she would not be able to tell me, okay well maybe Kansas because she is old.  Any strategies for getting this cemented in my brain??

So, I went to the Hasbroucks last night and watched Kiara and Kaden and realized the sad reality that Kiara is in 5th grade, soon to be 6th and will no longer need a babysitter for much longer.  Kinda sad, I have been watching these kids for the past 7 years.  Long time.



I will tell you one thing I will NOT miss, is Kiara's ferret "nessie" as in the Loc Ness Monster.  When I first saw this thing, I had to act excited about it because Kiara just could not believe that her mom finally got her one.  Ill be in the kitchen and it will crawl on my feet, or laying on the couch and it will crawl on me and I will have to tell Kiara to "get that thing off of me" cause I myself cannot touch it.  Below is a picture of this terrible pet and if this picture doesnt convince you to never get your child a ferret then I dont know what will...

It is practically trying to eat her face off.

so ill leave you with that cause I'm off to Robert's to hang with Colton and some other friends from high school because I am just that cool.

love love love,
Meg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found yo' blog! I hate maps too....meh! my blog is aprilburt.blogspot.com Hope you are well, miss ya!